Broken, chipped, or stained teeth can diminish the appearance of your smile. Fortunately, dental bonding can be performed to conceal minor cosmetic flaws. At the Sharp Smile Center in Portage, MI, Dr. Michael Sharp and his team offer this popular cosmetic procedure for patients with a desire to improve the aesthetics of their teeth quickly and affordably. By carefully applying tooth-colored resin to the tooth, he can make your smile took straighter, healthier, and more symmetrical in a single appointment.
Benefits of Dental Bonding
Dental bonding is an affordable, versatile, and effective treatment in which a tooth-colored composite resin is used to improve the shape, size, or color of a tooth. The material is the same that is used in providing tooth-colored fillings. Once the composite is applied, it is shaped, hardened, and polished for a natural look and feel. Dental bonding offers various benefits including:
- No removal of tooth enamel: Bonding requires no alteration of your tooth.
- Low cost: Dental bonding is an affordable procedure when compared to porcelain veneers. In fact, many patients choose to undergo bonding as a way to determine if they would eventually like to receive veneers.
- Quick treatment process: Another benefit of dental bonding is the completion time. Usually, dental bonding is performed in one office visit. On average, dentists spend between 30 to 60 minutes on each tooth.
- Natural look: Dental bonding provides the patient with results that look natural. While more extensive treatment may not look quite as natural as veneers, many patients are quite pleased with the results of bonding.
What Dental Bonding Can Do for You
Dental bonding can address a multitude of issues for patients:
- Chipped, cracked, or discolored teeth
- Teeth with significant gaps
- Teeth with jagged or uneven surfaces
During a consultation, Dr. Sharp can help you determine if dental bonding is right for you. If your tooth is significantly damaged, a solution such as a dental crown may be more appropriate.
The Dental Bonding Treatment Process
The dental bonding procedure can be finished in one appointment. Here are the general steps:
- Your dentist will begin with a thorough examination of your teeth. Afterward, you will be given all the details of your dental bonding procedure. It is also at this time that all questions you have will be answered and any concerns you may have will be addressed.
- A shade of composite resin will be selected. Your dentist will select a color that best suits your teeth to ensure your bonded teeth will blend with the rest of your smile, creating flattering and natural-looking results.
- Preparation of the tooth. During the preparation for bonding, the dentist will thoroughly clean the tooth surface. Afterward, the tooth will be lightly etched to help the bonding material adhere more completely and effectively.
- Bonding. The composite resin is then applied to the tooth, then shaped and molded until the desired result is achieved. The dentist works like an artist, sculpting an enhancement that accentuates your unique smile. Afterward, the composite resin is hardened with a curing light and additional adjustments are made, if necessary.
Contact the Sharp Smile Center Today
Dr. Sharp understands the difficulties and lack of confidence that comes with an unattractive smile. With over three decades of experience, he is well-equipped to handle any dental issue, and strives to exceed your expectations. The Sharp Smile Center is a warm, welcoming dental office, providing patients with a relaxing and spa-like environment that promotes tranquility. To book your consultation, please contact us online or call (269) 344-4004.
We would love to show you what a difference our world-class dentistry can make. Our friendly staff looks forward to hearing from you!
“Eight implants and many crowns later, I have a smile to be proud of. With the aid of sedation, we got a lot done in a short time. THANK YOU Dr. Sharp and staff for getting me through my dental problems.” Gene