Laser Technology that will make you Smile
Dr. Sharp and Dr. Mitchell are excited to introduce laser treatment as an alternative in dentistry. Research shows that lasers have been used in medicine for over fifty years. This unique state of the art technology has been used in dentistry for the over twenty. Several factors account for why the laser is beneficial in the field of dentistry.
- Dental Lasers are usually painless and involve minimal bleeding.
- Research shows that procedures are minimally invasive—even our trained hygienists perform some procedures.
- The process takes less time. Most procedures can range from 5-20 minutes
- It is simple and effective!
Lasers are used for dental procedures that even our hygienists, Kelli and Courtney can perform.
- Gum therapy (scaling and root planning) to treat periodontal disease is enhance when using a laser in addition to routine gum therapy as it reduces the bacteria count from the millions to less than a hundred bacteria and lasts up to 3 months.
- Sterilization occurs as the laser completely removes the diseased lining within the periodontal pocket .
- Aphthous ulcers(canker sores) can be treated in about 5 minutes with no anesthetic.
Laser treatment in correlation with gum therapy is showing promise for new attachment and improved healing. In summary, the dental laser assists in reaching optimal oral health and that should make everyone smile!
For your complimentary consultation, and to see how laser treatment can be used in your dental plan, contact our team.