Meet Dr. Michael Sharp
His extensive dental expertise of more than 40 years is marked by an over-achieving excellence in continuing education and a sharp aptitude for advanced technology. These have made Dr. Michael Sharp the preferred dentist of families and fellow dentists alike in Portage, MI, and Kalamazoo, MI.
The Definition of Dental Expertise
Dr. Sharp has completed countless hours studying at the feet of true masters of dentistry, including Dr. John Kois, Dr. Carl Misch, Dr. David Hornbrook, and the famous Dr. Bill Dorfman of “Extreme Smile Makeover.” Our dentist serving greater Kalamazoo has also worked his way to becoming an Accredited Member of The American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AACD).
Meet Dr. Michael Sharp
Better dentistry, better lives for his patients
- Graduated from the University of Michigan and the Pacific Aesthetic Continuum.
- Completed residency at The Misch International Implant Institute and The Kois Center in Seattle. Received advanced training in Oral Conscious Sedation ("Dream Sleep Dentistry") and SureSmile® orthodontics (invisible braces like Invisalign).
- Accredited, Member of the American Academy of Cosmetic Dentistry (AAACD)
- International Congress of Oral Implantologists, Fellow (ICOI)
- The Misch International Implant Institute
- Kois Center, Mentor
- Founder's Circle Member of Crown Council
- Vedder Crown and Bridge Society
- Bunting Periodontal Study Club
- American Dental Association (ADA)
- Michigan Dental Association (MDA)
- An expert in aesthetic and cosmetic dentistry, a dental technology aficionado, and a restorative advocate with an advanced degree in dental implants, Dr. Sharp loves giving back to Kalamazoo patients the joy of a beautiful smile.
- He's also largely active in charity and helping his community as a Founder’s Circle Member of the Crown Council.
An expert inside & outside the office
As a Founder’s Circle Member of the Crown Council, Dr. Sharp prioritizes giving back to the community as one of his life-long values. The Smiles for Life Foundation is a children’s fund-raising charity organization of the Crown Council, comprised of leading-edge dentists throughout North America. Dr. Sharp regularly participates in the Smiles for Life campaign by offering professional teeth whitening services at a considerably reduced price and then donates 100% of the proceeds to +300 children's charities in North America.The Crown Council’s Smiles for Life Foundation has raised more than $36 million since 1998, and since joining the campaign, Dr. Sharp and his team have raised more than $73,000 for children in need.
A balanced professional Kalamazoo dentist and family head, Michael Sharp and his wife, Julie, make the time to enjoy cross-country skiing, water skiing, and biking. When not restoring and creating beautiful smiles as your dentist in Kalamazoo, he allows himself the occasional wind-down adventure to snow ski, swim, golf, windsurf, and travel.
Dr. Sharp is a loving husband to his wife Julie and father to their two adult daughters, Sarah and Codi, who are proud U of M graduates with careers and big dreams of a wonderful and exciting future for themselves. The whole family is grateful to be a part of the community and being able to make a difference in so many lives.
Improving Lives One Smile at a Time
What patients love most about Dr. Sharp is his approachable manner and honest concern for them as individuals. See for yourself how his passion for making a positive difference in the lives of people continues to burn bright month after month, patient after patient. Sharp Smile Center can be your family's partner in achieving and maintaining excellent oral health.